Map of Malawi

Map of Malawi

About my placement

This Blog is about my 2 year placement with VSO in Malawi due to start 20th October 2012.
I will be working for the Ministry of Health based in the capital Lilongwe.
The role I will be covering is to assess the data quality on their HR database, improve the data, run SQL reports for the Exec/management team, revise processes for the data entry and educate users.

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Placement

Current situation.

Due to fly out on Saturday 20th October, flights booked by VSO.
The first week out there is an introductory/familiarisation week which includes a language course, introduction to the VSO team and employers, Setting up bank accounts and buying items for our assigned accommodation.

However still awaiting VSO to get my work permit approved with the relevant Malawi department.

A bit worrying for me as it could get rejected as I have no official accreditation that I have SQL skills.
These were all learnt while working within IBM over the last 20 years.

Hence very frustrated that VSO have not got an answer yet as it's now just over two week to go.

Key date is Friday 4th. VSO have promised to get an update if no commitment then need to agree a delayed departure date.

1 comment: